DVVRT & SASSA
Domestic Violence Victim Response Teams
The Domestic Violence Victim Response Team (DVVRT) is a partnership of Womanspace, Inc., Mercer County, New Jersey law enforcement agencies and community members. DVVRT volunteers are trained to meet with victims of domestic violence at police stations to provide information and support at the time of a reported incident or upon request. Read more about the DVVRT…
Sexual Assault Support Services Advocates
Sexual Assault Support Services Advocates are volunteer victim advocates who work to enhance the victim-centered approach that is now standard for providing services to sexual assault victims. They provide accompaniment to hospitals in response to crisis calls received by the hotline, from local hospitals, police or the prosecutor’s office. Advocates provide crisis intervention, counseling, emotional support, information and referrals to sexual assault victims and their significant others. They may also be asked to support a survivor through follow-up with medical care and law enforcement proceedings. Read more about the Sexual Assault Support Services Advocates program…
General Qualifications for Victim Support Volunteers
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Relate sensitively to victims
- Communicate well with others and be a good listener
- Maintain confidentiality
- Valid driver’s license
- Access to transportation
- Application process includes background check and fingerprinting
- Complete initial 80+ hour training and ongoing training
- DVVRT volunteers and Sexual Assault Support Advocates must be “on call” at least two 12-hour shifts per month
- Bi-lingual individuals, especially those fluent in Spanish, Polish and American Sign Language are strongly encouraged to apply!
Volunteer as an Advocate or Team Member
To apply for the next training class in fall 2015, . Please submit your completed application by August 14, 2015. The next class begins in September 2015.
Click here for application!