Get Educated

Make a Donation

What can you do if the Order is violated?

Call the Family Court Domestic Violence Unit if the abuser’s only violation is failure to return personal property, failure to pay support or rent, not complying with custody or visitation conditions or failing to attend domestic violence counseling. In those cases the Family Division will process your request to enforce the order.

If the abuser violates any of the other parts of the order CALL THE POLICE. For some violations (having contact with you or coming to the house, for example) or if the abuser violated the order by committing a crime (for example, stalking you, harassing you or trespassing), the local police must sign a criminal complaint for contempt.

Mercer County Emergency Services Phone Numbers

Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault 24 Hour Hotline (609)394-9000

New Jersey Statewide Domestic Violence 24 Hour Hotline

(800) 572-SAFE (7233)

Womanspace is friendly to the deaf community. Deaf and hard of hearing individuals please text us 24/7 at (609)619-1888

Quick Links:

Sign Up ForOur Newsletter